Estate Administration in Melville, NY
Probating an estate can be challenging, but it’s even more difficult when someone passes away without a will. When this happens, you have to obtain Letters of Administration before moving forward with administering the estate of a decedent. Then you need to follow the state’s inheritance laws when distributing the property and might face serious legal challenges. With so much to do, you likely feel overwhelmed and unsure if you’re making the right decisions. You’re also concerned about the legal consequences of making mistakes when administering an estate.
Instead of navigating the process alone, reach out to a Melville, NY, estate administration lawyer from our firm. We can initiate the process and help you every step of the way or assist with specific tasks. Discuss your needs with us to formulate a legal strategy to help.
Estate Administration Process
You must complete numerous steps when administering an estate in New York. Our Melville, NY, estate administration lawyer can assist with:
- Obtaining Letters of Administration
- Sending the requisite notifications
- Gathering and inventorying assets
- Paying debts pursuant to NYS law
- Preparing and filing taxes
- Handing legal challenges
- Distributing assets
Why Choose Schneider, Garrastegui, & Fedele, Pllc?
- Hyper-focused on Your Needs – While some firms dabble in numerous practice areas, we focus on elder law and real estate. Our limited scope of practice allows us to stay up-to-date and provide hyper-focused, client-centric legal services.
- Highly Rated – Our firm has accumulated numerous 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp, and Avvo.
- Two Locations to Serve You – Visit our fully staffed Class A office space in Melville, NY, or make an appointment at our satellite office in Hauppauge, NY.
- Small Firm with Big Firm Assets – As a small firm, you can expect hands-on, customized service with us. At the same time, our assets are comparable to a much larger firm, so we have the resources to help clients of varying and even challenging needs.
- Bilingual Support – With both English and Spanish-speaking staff and attorneys, you’ll feel at home at our firm.
- Looking for legal advice?
- In need of a legal consultation?
- Looking for answers?
SGF Law is here to help you and provide legal guidance as needed.
"The whole team blew my expectations out of the water."
- Michael and the whole team blew my expectations out of the water. They are a pleasure to deal with and extremely knowledgeable in their field. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone needing a real estate attorney.- Adam